Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Update

I have not been blogging much at all this summer. It's been a rough one for many reasons. Things have settled some and I wanted to post an update on my weight loss. I am happy to report that I have been eating much healthier over the summer. I have been really trying to watch what I eat, making sure that a eat a variety of foods that include a lot of fruits and veggies. My total weight loss is 28lbs so far. I seem to have reached a small plateau and that's okay. The weight loss is staying off and I am maintaining. I can tell a big difference in my clothes and it was so nice to get rid some of the pants and shorts that were just too big. Actually, that felt pretty great, I loved that. I haven't been exercising as much as I was and I think that is one of the reasons the weight loss has slowed too. In moving things in the house, the treadmill got unplugged and moved and is slightly blocked. My plan for the weekend is to remedy that situation. I hope to be back with regular updates in the coming weeks.

One thing I have really been trying to watch is my sodium intake. My blood pressure is doing much better with medication but I am still watching how much sodium I take in. I have been eating very little processed food and trying to make almost everything that I can from scratch, that way I know what it in the food I am eating.


I am promoting this awareness on all my blogs, emails and Facebook posts this week. If you would like to read more about my struggle with an invisible illness you can click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments! Please be kind and respectful (which happen to be two of my rules in life).

I have enabled anonymous comments, if you comment that way, please leave your name, especially if you know me personally and you have asked me a question!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.